Remember Who We Are

Monday, July 8, 2013

Perfect Timing

Glenn Beck Friday Night Events






Saturday after our day at the museum


Double rainbow that appeared after the audience was asked to pray for a change in the weather.




Bryce's birthday pie!

Happy Birthday Bryce


It all began the day we heard that Glenn Beck was coming to Salt Lake City, Utah.  Tom was able to get tickets for our family and we waited patiently for the day to come for "Man in the Moon."  On Friday, Bryce had a physical therapy appointment and I was given the assignment of stopping by the Grand Hotel to pick up tickets for the Independence Week History Museum.  When I arrived, I asked the front desk where to go for the information desk of the events and they sent me through a maze of hall ways leading there.  As I approached the tables filled with volunteers, I asked about getting tickets for the museum and they told me that they were sold out, but sent me to another area to ask the people who actually were selling all the tickets for the different events that were going on. 

When I asked about the tickets to the museum, they told me they were sold out, but they may be selling more in about 30 or so minutes.  At one time, the tickets were on sale for $10.  I called Tom and told him that I was at the front of the line waiting for tickets that would be for sale in 30 minutes.  His reply was to not get them if they were over $10 per ticket.  Then, as people were coming into the line, I heard  them talking about what a great museum it was and that it was something I didn't want to miss.  I got in line at the perfect time- as I was in the front of a long line of anxious others waiting for their turn.  I purchased 16 tickets to the museum.

30 minutes later, a man came walking up with several tickets for tours of the museum held every hour from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm.  I quickly decided to go with the 11:30 am tour.  Then the man announced they were on sale for $25 a ticket.  I was in a panic and didn't know what to think, as Tom had mentioned that if they were over $10 I was not to get them.  I hate this kind of pressure.  Then I asked the man, "What happened to the $10 tickets?"  "Well, we had to increase security and staff to accomodate the other tours and so we increased the price."  Then he asked if I had any children and I told him that we had several.  He asked the ages and wound up giving us four tickets for free.  That was $100 off the price.  So, I made an executive decision and purchased the tickets. The museum was amazing!!!!

Saturday morning, we all got up and got ready- including buddy Bryce.  He takes a little bit longer than the rest of us as he needs extra time getting around.  We left by 10:00 am and picked up Grandma.  As we headed into Salt Lake traffic, there was a crazy lady that was causing all sorts of havoc on the freeway.  She wound up blocking us off so we couldn't take our exit and wound up on another exit.  However, this proved to be a blessing in disguise.  

We arrived at the hotel and dropped off the gang at the front doors so Tom and I could go park the car. We quickly found a parking spot and speedily walked to the hotel where we met the others.  As we headed down the hall leading to the museum, I noticed a very familiar voice in the air and I looked up to find that Glenn Beck was walking toward us.  He paused for a second and said, "Hello Guys!"  I turned toward him and said, "Hello Glenn" then turned my head toward the kids that were following us in hopes that they would notice who was coming toward them.  Matt was pushing Bryce in the wheelchair and Glenn walked right up to him, shook Bryce's hand and said, "Hello there.  Thank you for coming."  Bryce was on cloud nine and for a brief moment, he could feel no pain in his hips.  He was so excited that he got to shake Glenn Beck's hand.

We soon got in line to go into the museum and the attendants asked what time our tickets were scheduled for- which was another 30 minutes.  They quickly let us in the door, so we didn't have to wait in line at all.  Shortly after our tour, we noticed that the line was down the hallway and around the corner.  

We then headed for all the venues that were selling items.  We noticed that there was a Michael Vey booth and Bryce and I quickly ran over to see if they had the new 3rd book out.  Then the brother of Richard Paul Evans showed us some posters and bracelets and he had four shirts signed by Richard just a few minutes earlier.  We purchased 3 shirts for $6 each, for the boys and they threw in some wristbands and a few holographic cards with the Michael Vey posters.  That was so fun!

If I hadn't arrived at the hotel at the right time to purchase the tickets, who knows if we would have been able to go.  If we hadn't been cut off the exit, would we have been able to meet Glenn Beck?   If we hadn't headed for the museum when we did, we would have had to wait in a huge line to get in.  It was a day filled with Perfect Timing!  

No comments: