Remember Who We Are

Friday, May 8, 2009

Emma Jemma

This is our sweet Emma Kristin Hales. She was born on August 16,2004. Yep, that's right, she will be going to Kindergarten this coming year and she is very excited. She is a social butterfly who absolutely loves people. When we found out we were expecting a baby, we were so excited, nervous and scared to death. She came after many prayers and fasting. We had two miscarriages before she came and to be honest, I didn't think that she would make it full term, but,I had to believe that she would. On August 16th, the hospital room was filled with excitement as we anticipated what this little baby would be. The doctor even teased us a bit as he slowly revealed that she was a beautiful, perfect, little girl. Oh the shades of pink adorned her room in clothes, blankets and photos. How fun this was going to be to play with a girl. Now she is sweeter than ever and has such a fun personality. She loves to sing, dance and be the center of attention. She is very good with her cute little sister, Gracie. This funny little Emma says some of the cutest things. These are a few of my favorites: "My eyes want me to cry" "My legs are too tired to walk" "Are you strong mommy?" "yes," I reply, "Then you can clean my room for me" "I'm prasticking my song" instead of practicing "I just ate breafixed" instead of breakfast "The Pink Panther snuck in my room last night and made a mess" We had her sing the song "My Heavenly Father Loves Me" in sacrament meeting and she did it without be scared. After church she was sitting with her dad and said, "I was just a little bit shy of all those people." Oh, if I only had her courage. She has a great self-esteem and a love for everyone that I would love to emulate. What a sweet heart. She is truly a blessing in our lives and she is loved by everyone she meets.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I love my Emma Jemma Baby Girl! She cracks me up! I am so glad that you had her and i had Sydnie, so they could be so close and of course that little Allie. Emma-Jemma-baby-girl, I LOVE YOU!
Hugs and Kisses!
Kate