We moved on to little Muffin. She started reading while sitting, all cuddled up on her dad's lap. They like to cuddle in the morning and read from the "Big Book of Mormon".
Muffin began. "And so great were the blessings of the Lord upon us, that while we did live upon raw meat in the wilderness, our women did give plenty of suck.... unto the men;" (Above is a scanned in copy of the section she was reading from.)
Immediately, we burst into laughter. Poor Muffin had no idea what that meant and wondered why we were all laughing so hard. She didn't realize that she had skipped a whole line. That whole line made all the difference.
This is one of those mornings that reminded me of how grateful I am for my family. I heard a quote once from a friend, "I smile, because I'm your sister. I laugh, because there is nothing you can do about it."


No comments:
Post a Comment