Remember Who We Are

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Graduation!


This is Bryce. He is one awesome boy and I'm proud to have him as my son. Do you see the white cord that is hanging around his neck? That says, "I did it, I reached my goals and I maintained a 4.0 grade point average through all of High School." He actually achieved this beginning with 7th grade. I kind of wish they had an award for that, but they don't. He completed 5 AP classes and earned a 30 on his ACT. That boggles my mind, considering I took 1 AP class and didn't do that good on my ACT. He definitely got his dad's good looks and brains. (Maybe he got his stubbornness from me?)


Do you see those dimples and brown eyes? Those got him out of a lot of trouble as a kid. Tom and I kept saying to each other, "Man he is stubborn! If we can teach him to be a good kid, he will never sway from it." I can't say that he has never been naughty, because 'Time-out' was my best friend while he was little. That is, little enough to still be able to pick him up and haul him there. However, when he turned 4, something clicked. He then became this cute little determined boy, who was going to do his best in everything. If it weren't for his determination, and drive, Matt would have been stuck in the same piano books for years. We as parents have never, and I do mean never, had to ask him if he got his homework done. He just did it. He doesn't like to have things on his task list, so he just gets them done. Whenever there was extra credit offered in school, he treated it like an assignment and did it. Most often he would have above 100 % in his classes because he would do the extra credit assignments.

This is one of my favorite pictures that I took of Bryce. It was the symbolism of the whole shot. To me, it's like he is walking away from High School, looking to the future and still taking all of the knowledge that he gained, with him. Bryce, you are Amazing and I love you so much. You have been a great example to me and our family. Even though you have passed me up in height, you will always be my "Buddy Bryce". CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

1 comment:

*Crystal* said...

Congrats to Bryce!If he is that determined he will be a fantastic missonary and really enjoy the bit of college he gets in:)