Day 1
The Monday after our family pictures, I was visiting the restroom, when I heard an awful scream and cry coming from the living room. The next thing I know, Tyler is running back to get me and I'm hurrying as fast as I can, but not fast enough. Then Tom comes running back with our little Gracie in his arms.
Gracie was telling her brothers that she had invisible bat wings. She was standing on a chair in the living room and was preparing to jump off and fly! Right? That doesn't happen in real life. Emma was in front of the chair on all fours preparing to jump up. You see where this is going right? Just as the one jumped off to fly, so did the other and down came Gracie on Emma's head as she was going up.
How does a nose get that big on a little girl? OUUCH! She did not look so good.
Day 2
On Wednesday, we were getting ready to run Tyler to the doctor because he had hurt his foot on Tuesday playing soccer, when Gracie says, "Mommy, you have two heads". What? OK. I'm thinking, signs of a concussion are double vision. This is where WebMD comes in handy. I knew she couldn't smell, and she sounded like she had a stuffy nose when she talked, but double vision is not something I wait around for to see if it gets better. We took her into Doctor Matt, and he says to keep an eye on her, but he didn't see any signs of a concussion. If she is still seeing double tomorrow, bring her in. It was probably due to all the swelling around her eye. Well, she stopped seeing double, but couldn't smell anything for 2 weeks. She couldn't even smell the skunks when we drove by a dead one. Lucky girl.
Day 3
Now we tell her that there is no such thing as invisible bat wings or invisible anythings, except the Holy Ghost. It took 3 weeks for the bruise to go away and I'd like to say that it has made her more cautious, but that would be a lie.

1 comment:
This is awful! What a sad story! Now we know what a broken nose looks like on a cute little girl.
Post a Comment