Seeing that it is June and Father's Day is on the 20th of the this month, I thought I would write about the best daddy's ever. I have a great dad, of whom I owe a lot of gratitude for. He taught me how to change a tire, start a truck with issues by sticking a screwdriver in the choke to open it up, and how to change the oil in a car. He was there when I learned how to ride a bike and skinned my knees. He was there when I fell down on our driveway with my broken foot and fixed my owies. He even took me driving in our little Toyota truck to teach me how to drive a stick. Bless his heart! I mean that literally. He has been there for us in the middle of the night when we were sick with some dreaded gomboo, and is now there for me when my kids have the gomboo. He just knows that a little bit of 'Jack Daniels' goes a long way. HaHa. (Inside joke.) He really knows his stuff when it comes to medicine, as a Pharmacist, he is the best 'Pillar of Society' I know. Every once in a while, I meet someone who swears my dad saved their life once by helping them choose the best remedy for their illness. He has always been a giant in my life, that I look up to and has a very tender heart. I really do love him forever and back.

I also need to express my gratitude for an awesome Hubby. He is the father of our children and they all look up to him with the utmost respect. When I first met him, it was his huge smile that caught my eye. Oh wow! He can still flash that smile any day and melt my heart. He offered us (Karen, Eric and I) a ride home from marching band practice one day. The rest is history. Really, he was everything I ever wanted and needed. He used to play the piano in the band room after practice and he could get quite the crowd standing around requesting songs. I love to sit on the piano bench by his side and watch him play.
On May 28, the last day of school, he promised Emma that he would take her to school on the motorcycle. Our motorcycle is not anything to brag about, it is ancient and was used by Tom and his brothers when they were kids. It is often having difficulties staying in running condition. Nevertheless, Tom had promised her, and take her, he did. We found a pink helmet on clearance and Emma was so excited to go riding. She could hardly stand herself. Tom kicked it off to a start and helped Emma climb aboard. There they were, the happiest faces on earth. Tom was happy because Emma was happy and Emma was happy, because she got to go with her daddy on the motorcycle.
Tom made the round to school successfully and waiting so patiently, was little Gracie, who was set on her daddy taking her to Preschool on the motorcycle. She didn't really understand that preschool was out for the summer and she won't be going back until next fall. So, daddy humored her and took her for a ride up and down our street. She was yelling to me "Look at me mommy, I'm riding on the front." Oh, little does their daddy know, just how much that means to them. They will probably remember that for the rest of their lives. Emma talked about it all day after school. She remembers how she smelled like the motorcycle all day. She just giggled and talked about how fun it was with Gracie.
Not only do the girls love Tom, the boys do too. He has often taken them to soccer games, coached their soccer team, taught them how to fix the mower, their car, spent countless hours with them on their math assignments, and has had the patience of Job while doing it. He has never yelled at the kids. He has spoken very sternly, but has never yelled. He has been a great example to them in all aspects. He has a love for the gospel, our country, his family, hard work, and the Savior. I would like to be like him when I grow up. I'm sure that he got his patience from his mom. She did a great job raising him and I still feel like I got the best of the bunch. I also think that he is the strongest of the bunch as well. That's an inside joke with me and his family. No one has dared challenge him yet. I have a love and respect for him that will carry through eternity. Thank heaven for Forever Families, because I really love mine.

3 comments:
What a beautiful tribute!
Gotta love our daddy! And your kids daddy too! That is a very sweet tribute.
That was so nice to see a photo ofyour parents!!! Thank you Krissy.
And you look stuning!!!
What a beautiful family you have inside and outside!! Love you all.
xoxox
Chelo
Post a Comment