Remember Who We Are

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bryceter Buddy


This is Bryce Rodney Hales. He was born on July 7, 1993. He has been the most stubborn kid I have ever met, yet the most loving and responsible one as well. He really challenged me when he was a tiny guy, but those dimples could melt my heart especially when he flashed his big brown eyes at me that were so full of mischief. Some don’t remember what he was like as a little tike, but those who do may say he has become a great young man. When he was little, I told Tom that all we had to do was make him want to always do what is right and he would never stray from it. This has become what he is today. Here are the reasons I love him:
He is talented in many ways, music, art, friendship, and the ability to always be the first one to help out when needed. He has a great smile and handsome brown eyes that still melt my heart. He loves his little sisters and has always had a nurturing way of taking care of them. He has a testimony of the power of prayer, His desire to be baptized on the same day as his Grandpa and the prayers that followed to get Emma and Gracie here are a major part of that testimony. He has always done well in school and is never one to be nagged about getting things done. He has an inner strength and determination that are amazing. One day he will be a great leader and a great strength for others to follow as I am following his example now.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Hi Bryce,
Wuau, you have grown a lot.
I remember when I was staying with your family and you always made me laugh. You used to bring your sleeping bag (Matt too) and stay with me downstais. You two always made me feel at home. And I loved playing with you.
I hope we can keep in touch.
I have two children now, Celeste (8 years) and Esteban (almost 7). They keep me bussy.
We live in Devon, a very pretty area in England. Maybe one day you can come and visit us. I would love that!
It´s lovely to see your photos and see what a goodlooking boy you are (well, you´ve always been :).
I love your smile.
Lots of love,

Chelo

Kate said...

Bryceeeee! I love that boy! You have been a JOY to watch as you have grown! Don't believe your mom, you were not THAT much trouble! OK, maybe a little, but you were so worth it! I love you little man.
Love Kate