So. we had just had a brand new baby arrive at our home and while I was nursing her, my dear little Emma took PERMANENT BLACK SHARPIE marker to herself. Oh my, how could this happen in a matter of 15 minutes. She looked like a Gothic child and I was hoping that this was not a glimpse of what is to come. I told her "We only color on paper not our bodies." She was 2, so what she probably heard was, "We color on paper and our bodies".
This must have been so, because within the same week she got a hold of the PERMANENT RED SHARPIE marker only to make a bigger mess with it. She colored down the hall on the walls, the closet doors, in her room on her white cabinet, her table I had just painted white, on her body and oh yes, did I fail to mention it is PERMANENT marker. That same day we had a contractor come to our home to find me scrubbing the walls with Denatured alcohol and her body with Disolve-it. At least she drew some really cute smiley faces and there is still one face left on her cabinet just to remind me that I need to hide the markers at all times and that 2 year old kids only hear half of what I say.

1 comment:
Hi Krissy! These pictures of Emma are classic. I had to laugh - while at the same time, praying Emily never does this. You have to give Emma points for improvement though...on the second try, she got ALL of her fingernails and toenails. Your family picture is beautiful by the way! Love, Melissa
Post a Comment